Friday 2 March 2018

The buck stops here

I have mainly been using my new Browning camera for monitoring the deer in the garden.  The old Wingscapes seems to be getting less reliable and now misses a lot of photos but at last it managed a colour photo of the roe buck - earlier in the week before the snow came.  He has come into the garden on every night I have checked (with the trail cameras) but the doe and her daughter are only intermittent visitors.  I don't know if he comes in just for food or whether he still has time for a nap.  As he seems to eat only the ivy (not that there is much else) I'll continue to leave the gate open for him until the weather improves.

And here are two photos from 5 o'clock this morning.  It was completely dark but there was faint reflected light from the clouds and the snow.   Looking out through the window in the back door where I usually watch the foxes I could just make out some movement across the garden.  I took a couple of photos and with lots of post processing these images emerged, the first time I have seen the buck, other than on the cameras.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing what you can do with what must have been a very dark image! 5am - not sleeping?

    ReplyDelete