Sunday 30 December 2018

End of year favourites - Lepidoptera

I don't go looking for butterflies but I do like photographing them when I come across them.  The same goes for day-flying moths, which are often colourful and interesting.  Here are a few photos from this year.  I expect you will know what they are so I haven't labelled them.


























Oh alright then.  In order they are green hairstreak, wall (♀), common blue (♂), six-spot burnet moth, small copper, silver Y, holly blue, green-veined white, painted lady, purple hairstreak (♀), red admiral, common blue (♀), Mother Shipton, speckled wood, cinnabar moth, comma, ringlet, marbled white, white-letter hairstreak, Wall (♂), dingy skipper, triangle plume moth, peacock, large skipper, brown china mark, and yellow-barred longhorn.

2 comments:

  1. Chris many thanks for all your end of year favourites, which I enjoyed very much, it has been a good one. Have to say the triangle plume moth and yellow-barred longhorn had me guessing!
    Best wishes for the coming year, looking forward to many more interesting blogs.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look them both up when I got home Liz. One great advantage of taking photos is that it is easy to do that. Happy New Year.

      Delete