Wednesday 31 July 2019

Fox cub in the meadow

We couldn't let a whole week go by without mention of the foxes so here is an update.  I have been trying to grow a meadow on part of the main lawn.  I haven't yet mowed it this year and I have put in seeds and plants of wild flowers. There is still a lot of work to be done but it has made a start.  The fox cubs love it and by playing and racing around in it they have trampled quite a large area.  Generally they are very wary of the trail cameras when I put them on the ground so I thought I would attach them to trees to make them less noticeable.  The first experiment worked so I'll try some more.  Here is the result from the first night.  On the video you can hear the oystercatchers as they fly overhead.







2 comments:

  1. Your new meadow is a wonderful idea, Christopher! Those fox cubs are now looking like elegant young adults. Thanks again for treating us to a ring side view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meadow has taken battering Florence but because it was the cubs I don't mind. Like all things in the garden it will be better next year! I am aiming for more and more flowers each year and less grass but because it started from (poor) lawn it will take time.

      Delete