Friday 29 March 2019

Updates

A brief follow-up on two previous posts.  I posted photos of a woodpecker before Christmas with a rather deranged hairstyle, probably sustained in a sparrowhawk attack.

Well he is still around.  I am pleased to say the feathers have regrown over the bald patch on the back of his head but the sticking out feathers still stick out.  Otherwise he is as good as new.



And earlier this month I wrote about a fox with a serious leg injury.

Well the fox is still about as well.  It is still hobbling on three legs but doesn't seem in pain, as far as one can tell.  The wound on the lower leg seems to be healed but the leg still won't take any weight.  As you can see in the photos the fox can now put its foot to the ground but the leg is still in an abnormal posture.  From the way it looks when the fox walks I think the leg must be broken but the fox doesn't look too thin, which I guess is a good sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment