Sunday 8 April 2018

A walk round the pond - week 14


My plan to walk around the pond each week fell at the first hurdle, mainly because of the weather.  However, I was only a day late and at least it wasn't raining.  The ponds are very full after all the recent rain and have spread their margins.

The swans look as though they have more or less finished building their nest in the reeds on the small pond but there are no eggs yet.

The Canada geese have a nest on a small island in the larger pond and the female is sitting on eggs.

There were several toads in the margins but I didn't see any toad spawn.



This one was trying not to blink in case I was a heron.


Some of the other birds I saw included yellowhammer,

woodcock, grey heron, chiffchaff, and a pair of little grebes.  On the way in I also saw a brown hare but it was too quick for me to get a photo.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment