Wednesday 25 April 2018

Hungry vixen

This vixen has been turning up in the garden before it is completely dark.  She is obviously suckling cubs and may well be the heavily pregnant vixen I saw in the garden a few weeks ago.  She was already gleaning the sunflower hearts below the feeder when I came to put out the peanuts.  I waited until she had gone but she was back 10 minutes after I put the food out.  I expect it is difficult to find enough to eat when she has cubs to feed.







The pictures are rather soft and grainy as they were taken through the window in very low light.  The camera is right at its limit with ISO 12800, f/4 and a shutter speed of 1/30s.

1 comment:

  1. A treat to see this pretty, little foraging mum. I wonder if she will someday show her youngsters the peanut treasure site.

    ReplyDelete