Saturday 31 December 2016

End of year favourites - Non-garden birds

2016 has been quite a year for birds - several of which I have never seen before (crested tit, crossbill, Pallas's warbler, etc) or photographed before (cuckoo, green woodpecker, snipe, etc).  There isn't room for them all but here are a few favourites.





















I expect most of you will recognise them all but, in case not, in order they are: crested tit, female smew, male crossbill, female crossbill, willow tit, common snipe, great crested grebe, green woodpecker, little owl, tawny owl, long-eared owl, juvenile cuckoo, water rail, kingfisher, barred warbler, Pallas's leaf warbler, redshank, waxwing, curlew, bittern, and shore lark.

As for next year, I'll take whatever comes along.  I am very keen to get more raptors and an adult cuckoo.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know most of these, so thank you for naming them.

    ReplyDelete