Tuesday 27 December 2016

End of year favourites - Garden birds

There are lots of birds in the garden and I probably spend more time watching them than I should.  I don't really do lists but I see from the BTO Garden BirdWatch data that I have had over 40 species this year (I'm not sure how that compares with previous years).  Not all were photographed but here are some of them.



















In 2017 I'd like more/better sparrowhawk photos, more bramblings and perhaps the return of birds I've had in the past like linnet, yellowhammer and waxwing.

PS. I haven't labelled them as I expect you all know what they all are.  In case not, in order they are: lesser redpoll, brambling, chaffinch, reed bunting, siskin, bullfinch, nuthatch, pied wagtail, starling, treecreeper, sparrowhawk, long-tailed tit, tree sparrow, blue tit, blue tit, great spotted woodpecker, blackcap, willow warbler, pheasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment