Wednesday 14 December 2016

DeerCam


This is the first time I have caught a roe deer on the trail camera in the woods.  I had set it expecting to see a fox or a badger but instead this doe and her fawn wandered past.  As they are not interested in peanuts they didn't loiter so there was only one photo.  The only other images were of a blackbird

and a jay which came to finish off the food.


At this time of year it gets dark so early that I have to set the camera by 3.30 pm or I can't see to do it.  The good news is that the evenings are already getting longer.  Although the shortest day is not for another week or so, the earliest sunset was last weekend and, imperceptibly at first, it now gets later each day.  The downside is that the latest sunrise is not until the end of the month.  At least I don't have to get up early to retrieve the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment