Wednesday 29 May 2019

OtterCam in May

I have continued my monthly trail camera monitoring for otters.  One night a couple of weeks ago drew a blank for the first time this year, so I moved the cameras to a different position and was rewarded with more pictures.  Here are three frame grabs from the first video.



And the video.


The second camera was nearby.



The additional infrared LED was blinking - probably because the battery was running low.




In February and March there were three otters but last month and this I saw evidence of only one.  It may be that the two pups, who were nearly full grown in winter, have moved on to find their own territories.  Last night drew a blank as well so the present otter, if there is only one, certainly moves around.  With luck it is the female and she has, or is about to have, new pups.  I'll put the cameras out again in June to see if I can see what she is up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment