Wednesday 1 May 2019

OtterCam in colour

I have been continuing with my plan to put out the trail cameras for otters once a month.  The otters haven't been seen in the daytime but they continue to show up on every camera each night I try.  These pictures were from last weekend. Most of my trail camera photos are black and white, having been recorded in infrared cameras, but this time I used the old Wingscapes Birdcam 2.0.





This photo is interesting.  The low-glow infrared video camera was positioned to the side and the colour camera can detect the red light, something I haven't seen before.  I don't know if the otter can see the red but if it can it isn't bothered by it.

Of course I select the best photos for posting but I do get a lot like this,

and like this.

Otters are mostly nocturnal but on one night the otter turned up before dark so the Browning was able to record a video in colour as well.



There also lots of infrared videos so I may post some of those as well when I have had time to process them.

No comments:

Post a Comment