Monday 1 April 2019

Adders again

I went back to see the adders again last week.  The grass and vegetation is noticeably taller which doesn't make them easier to see.  To begin with I couldn't work out which end was which on this one.

When I went back to have another look some while later he had moved a bit and I could see his head.

This photo isn't good but it does give a clear view of his tongue.

The snake above is clearly male with a silver grey colour and black markings.  Females are  brown with dark brown markings but there is a lot of colour variation.  This is a pale snake which might mean it is male but the zigzag is brown which might mean it is female.  I am not sure.


This one is very dark but is probably male.

Some were quite shy so it was difficult to get much of a view at all.  The weather wasn't as sunny as forecast which may have been part of the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment