Wednesday 11 July 2018

Shooting buzzards


Twice in recent days I have been buzzed by a buzzard while I was out looking for dragonflies.  I was carrying only a 300mm lens, which is good for dragonflies but wasn't ideal for the buzzards as they flew overhead.  It was useful practice as birds in flight isn't one of my specialities.  Focussing is difficult even with autofocus and exposure is also a problem with a dark bird silhouetted against a blue sky.  Still, it was fun to try.  Here are the best of a bad lot.  All fairly heavily cropped.






2 comments:

  1. In all but three photos the birds had their beaks open. I wonder if they were panting or vocalizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I should have said, Florence. They were calling all the time and I could hear others nearby.

      Delete