Tuesday 10 October 2017

A last walk round the pond

I went with David S for what I expect will be my last visit to the pond this year.  It was cooler, greyer and breezier than forecast but there were still a few dragons about.  We saw only one hawker flying - I presume it was a male migrant hawker - but it didn't stay within view for long.  We did see several common darters including this male.

I tried some flight shots without much success.

We also saw a pair ovipositing in tandem.  This is the female resting afterwards.  Her colouration shows she is quite mature.


Also on the pond was a pair of swans, the first I have seen for quite some time.

I expect that's it until next year.  I think I'll try to make at least a weekly visit all season next year and post a report on what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment