Tuesday 3 October 2017

Another night with BadgerCam


It's about time we had some more badger photos on the blog so I went off to the woods again with the trail camera.  I chose a path which has been good before and set up the camera with peanuts as bait.  The camera took my photo as I left, suggesting it was set up well.

When I got back the next morning all the peanuts had gone, which is always a good sign.  The first photo was of a wood mouse.

The first badger photo wasn't until after midnight.  The camera took nine badger photos in all and unusually none of them was a dud (there are usually a few with half a badger or it is too close to the camera). 




At one point this badger headed off

but the next photo was less than a minute later.  I suspect this is a different badger as it looks bigger with a broader head but it is difficult to be sure.  Perhaps the first one moved away when it heard the second one coming along the path.



Badgers are very active at his time of year, fattening up for the winter.  I'll have another go soon and try with the video camera as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment