Thursday 31 December 2015

End of year favourites - Non-garden birds

This is my final posting of favourites from 2015.  It was a good year for watching owls.  I saw both barn owl and short-eared owls flying in daylight but my only tawny owl shot isn't worth sharing.  Long-eared and little owls are on my wish list for 2016.


I saw more yellowhammers than ever before.  This one was at Branton in Northumberland.

Then a couple of LBJs (little brown jobs) - reed warbler and reed bunting.


And a little white job, a leucistic chaffinch.

Next a few fish-eaters from Gosforth Park.



This is the most endangered bird in Newcastle - a kittiwake.  There is a proposal to put up netting to stop the birds nesting on the Tyne Bridge, which would be a tragedy.  You can lodge an objection through a link here.

And finally a few favourites from the Farne Islands.




So, not a bad year.  I'm looking forward to better photos and new species in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment