Sunday 14 February 2021

Look who turned up last night

The foxes come and go so quickly that most nights I don't see who is here.  Last night I was lucky and saw the fox approaching and took a couple of photos to confirm it was the "long-tailed" cub from last year, now full-grown.



Before it had eaten all the meaty bits the fox trotted away but it returned immediately, or so it seemed.  Except that this was the short-tailed cub, which I haven't seen for weeks and assumed had gone.


It is very interesting that both of last year's cubs are still here so late in the season.  I haven't seen either of last year's adults for a while but I guess they are probably still around.  It will be fascinating to see which pair of foxes own this territory this year.  The resident female, whoever she is, is likely to be pregnant by now and her new cubs will be born around the end of March.  With luck they will be in the garden by July.

No comments:

Post a Comment