Wednesday 10 February 2021

Last night in the garden

We had a little bit of snow this week, the first of the winter.  I glanced out of the back door window last night just as this fox was approaching so I was able to take a few photos.  I am not completely sure which fox this is - probably one of last year's cubs.  The dog with his torn ear, the vixen with her pale mask and her stocky body shape, and the other cub with half a tail are all very distinctive whereas this fox just looks unremarkable.  I have seen it a few times in the last week or so and it is very wary but hungry enough to approach the house.  Fortunately it can't see me or hear the camera through the door.









2 comments:

  1. Perhaps unremarkable identity-wise but totally adorable! What a little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think unmarked might have been a better word, Florence. There is one notable feature which is that it has hardly any white tip to its tail. Looking back, that was the same in the cub with a full tail from last summer so I expect that is who it is. The fact that it is still allowed in the territory makes me think it is probably female.

      Delete