Tuesday 31 March 2020

FoxCam in colour

I don't use my old Wingscapes BirdCam 2.0 very often these days as it is a bit unreliable and often disappointing. Over the years I have had four but only one still works.  Its advantages are that it has adjustable preset focus and takes proper flash photos, giving colour night time still photos.  The problem with the one that still works is that the sensitivity is too high on "high" and too low on "medium", meaning that it can miss a lot of photos.  Every now and then, though, it can have a good night.  I have been targeting badgers recently (more to follow) but also picked up a couple of decent fox photos which I thought you might like to see.  These two were taken on different nights but are probably the same animal (it has the same mark on its nose).  Unlike the badgers the fox doesn't hang around for a second photo.

2 comments:

  1. My Birdcams have gone in the bin. I'll need to hunt for another white flash option, shame because when they are good they are very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried a Wingscapes BirdCam Pro Laura but it isn't much good for this sort of thing. It has an LED flash which is much too slow so all the pictures are blurred and they have a very pronounced yellow-green colour cast which is very difficult to correct. The LED lights do work for night time video close up for small mammals and the adjustable close focus is very good. See https://trogtrogblog.blogspot.com/2020/01/fieldvolecam.html

      Delete