Monday 8 October 2018

Down at the water hole

I hope you don't mind some more hornet photos.  You may have guessed that these are my favourite insects at present and they are such fun to watch. Their colours are amazing and I love the slightly clumsy noisy way they fly.  If I am in the way as they approach they fly around me trying to judge if I could be something to eat or if I might eat them.  When they decide on neither of these they whizz down to the food.  I have used a piece of stone this time to give a more appealing background than the plastic dish.

When they line up like this they remind me of lions at a water hole - perhaps lions wearing dark glasses.

The key again is maple syrup.





These flies were chancing their luck but they stayed just out of reach and they have faster reflexes than the hornets.

No comments:

Post a Comment