Sunday 14 January 2018

It's a boy!

Facebook has a lot of disadvantages compared with this blog but it is another way of sharing my photos.  I usually put a link to each blog post on my own page and one or two photos from the post in a closed group of Northumberland Wildlife photos.  These usually attract some interest and comment.  I have recently shared a few of the juvenile sparrowhawk photos and there were several strongly held assertions that he is female, when obviously he is male.  To prove the point I made this size comparison between last winter's adult male and the recent bird and put the explanation in another post.  I have reproduced them here as many readers of this blog are probably too sensible to bother with Facebook.  The link to the article on ageing and sexing sparrowhawks can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment