Monday 23 May 2022

Fox News - Stop Press

On the previous two nights a fox has turned up within a minute of me putting out the peanuts, first time a yearling and then the dog fox.  Last night, hoping for a repeat I opened the back door early, about 9.10, when it was still light, and a fox was by the meadow pond only about 15m away.  It saw and heard me and trotted away to the far side of the meadow where it stood watching me from about 30m.  Then suddenly it darted back the way it had gone, about 5m, and caught something.  It stood looking at me while crushing something in its jaws.  I grabbed a camera and when I returned it was trotting across the meadow.  I fired off about four shots but only one was even vaguely in focus.  It shows the fox with an early dinner of fresh rabbit, caught right in front of me.

I couldn't see which fox this was.  The first to turn up for peanuts was the dog, about half an hour later.  We'll see what happens tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment