Monday 29 March 2021

Hunting for frogs on OtterCam

The otter caught and ate another frog in the pipe but this time it was so close that the camera could only see the top of its head.  For reasons I don't understand the second camera on the bank didn't record it, which was frustrating as the otter should have been in full view.  I moved the second camera closer and twice the next night an otter came through the pipe and spent a few moments hunting, presumably for frogs, but this time it didn't catch one.  The two episodes were about four hours apart and I can't tell if they were both the same animal.  It is pretty neat to get a glimpse of the otter's eyes and paws underwater so I have added a short slow motion replay at the end.  You can see how quickly it takes a breath as well.  The original video is very clear so I hope it comes through OK via YouTube.





No comments:

Post a Comment