Monday 19 February 2018

And then there were three


I have seen four foxes together in the garden but this is the first time I have caught as many as three on camera.  I still haven't worked out the family dynamics here.  When I first looked out the fox with its back to us (which I presume is the dog) was eating, the fox farthest away in the photo (which I think is the vixen) was sitting a short distance away and the third fox was lying down in the background.  The photo below was on a different camera on a different night but shows the same three foxes.

As I watched the third fox crept around to the left hand side in a very submissive posture but was allowed to join the other two without any conflict.  I suppose it must be family, possibly one of last year's young.  Here are the three on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment