Tuesday 6 October 2015

Early morning otter

I had been in the hide for less than a couple minutes, just long enough to open the window and switch on the camera but I hadn't even had time to unwrap my marmalade sandwiches.  Suddenly lots of fish jumped out of the water followed by a whiskery face. The otter was tumbling and diving after the fish for more than five minutes but I didn't see it catch anything large in that time.  The light wasn't great so most of the time I was just watching and enjoying the show but I did manage a few photos.










Of course I had to go back the next day and the otter showed up again.  This time the light was better but it didn't stay as long.







I tried my luck on the third day and stayed until lunch time but the otter had changed its routine and didn't show up.  I'll keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment